The Linn Sondek is a wonderful piece of engineering but like any finely balanced system, it can’t be expected to stay in shape for ever without at least a little bit of attention.
Most Linn Sondeks were made in the 1980s and whether they have been in continuous or intermittent use since then, most will benefit from a tune-up.
• Springs sag
• Rubber grommets harden
• Screws & nuts come loose
• The belt stretches and perishes
• The motor pulley collects rubber and dirt
• The main bearing may lack lubrication or become excessively worn
Our typical service involves:
• Remove arm & base
• Strip down cross–brace, suspension, subchassis
• Clean out and inspect main bearing
• Clean and inspect all parts to be retained
• Clean/polish plinth if required
• Reassemble with new suspension parts
• Mount cartridge
• Remount arm
• Set initial suspension level
• Fix new P clip and dress arm cable
• Set up suspension for perfect bounce
• Test and Audition
• Demonstrate to customer (if collecting in person)
All for £85 including parts and labour
Other service options include:
• Cirkus Upgrade
• Lid restoration
• Valhalla Upgrade, Refurbishment or Replacement
• Fitting of Lingo
• Cartridge fitting
Please contact us to discuss.
Getting to us
We are based in Crowthorne, Berkshire (RG45) and handy for drop-off in person if you live in Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire.
We also do a collection and delivery service for 40p per mile for the round trip – so if, for example you live 40 miles away, collection will be £32 which is about what it would cost to send it suitably insured.
Contact us to discuss packaging the necessary parts of your turntable. It is not necessary to send it all and we can supply packing materials if required.